The OPEN Scotland News archives are full of interesting articles, news stories, research papers, links to resources, and activities, and much, much more! If you see anything you’d like to share with the network, or want to promote an event, activity, or resource let us know!
- Resource: Syllabus diversification made easy
- Resource: Oxplore
- Resource: The Philosophy Man
- Resource: Cultivating conceptual questions
EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Event: John Stuart Mill Cup, 6 June 2019
- Event: Knowledge Beyond Natural Science, Public Lecture, 13 Feb 2019
- Event: Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain Annual Conference, 29-31 March 2019
- Opportunity: Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain Annual Conference 2019, Teaching Scholarship Awards.
- Opportunity: Royal Institute of Philosophy, Philosophy in Schools courses.
ARTICLES AND RESEARCH
- Article: Why British Pupils Should Study Philosophy
- Article: “It helps us be a better human”
- Article: Philosophy can teach children what Google can’t
- Study: Should Primary Schools Teach Philosophy?
- Study: Evidence for lasting cognitive benefits of primary school philosophy
- Report: A large-scale study on the benefits of Philosophy for Children sessions
Finding your way…